Wed, Oct 25|
Nectar Webinar - Product Liability, Recall and CPI Insurance with Experts - 25 Oct 2023
The objective is to provide updates on Product Liability, Recall & CPI landscape and latest trends in the market.
Time & Location
Oct 25, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT+8
About the Event
This Webinar aims to cover the below aspects-
1. Product & Coverage Overview:
- Product Liability
- Standalone Recall
- Contaminated Product Insurance (CPI)
2. Current claim trend in product Liability & recall
- The automotive sector - focus on component part manufacturers with claim examples;
- Food & Beverage sector - highlights safety concerns, causes of food recalls
- Illustrations of typical recalls
- Complementary nature between Product Recall and Product Liability insurance;
- Claims trends - Increasing size and complexity require greater claims expertise
14.45 PM to 15.00 PM (Tea Break)
Session 2 - 15.00 PM to 16.00 PM (Singapore Time)
1. Risk Engineering - Risk trends for Automotive industry from Casualty Underwriting Perspective
- The automotive industry has been experiencing extensive upheavals on multiple fronts driven by technology evolution, regulation development, market dynamics. These "drivers of change" are leading to significant impacts to the casualty risk landscape to both the incumbent and new force players of the industry.
- This session will provide insights from risk engineering perspectives based on real life examples and case studies, focusing on risk trends we are seeing, and also how we evaluate these risks.
2. Underwriting Info requirement and key consideration
Questions & Answers Sessions
Guest Speaker Profile:
Terence Chew-Lau – Terence is a Casualty Claims Expert for Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in Southeast Asia. He has extensive experience handling claims from Commercial and Personal lines of business, including managing Casualty claims in Professional Indemnity, Directors & Officers' risks as well as Product Liability across Asia.
Eric Hu – Eric is a Casualty Risk Engineer at Swiss Re Corporate Solutions. He has over 11 years of risk engineering experiences across various lines of business within the insurance industry in the APAC region. Within Swiss Re he is working with the global risk assessment teams with a focus on industries including construction, automotive, machinery etc.
The webinar is suitable for:
- Insurance / Liability Underwriters
- Reinsurance Executive
- Business Development executives
- Marketing executives
Training Certificate: All participants will receive a personalised “participation certificate” via e-mail.